Flexitanks for Liquid Transportation
A flexitank converts standard dry shipping containers into bulk liquid transportation vessels. They offer a cost-effective solution to shipping liquids in bulk around the globe.
What are Flexitanks?
Flexitanks are flexible bags designed to fit inside a 20-foot shipping container, converting them into bulk liquid transportation units. They offer a superior alternative to ISO tank containers and drums for shipping liquids such as wines, juices, oils, other food-grade liquids and non-hazardous chemicals. Effectively, flexitanks convert standard dry cargo containers into a one-way bulk liquid transportation system that make exporting and importing liquid freight easy and cost-effective.
- Cost-Effective: Flexitanks are a much cheaper alternative compared to ISO-tank containers, IBC’s and Drums. For example, the cost of using a flexitank is one third of the cost as compared to such traditional alternatives.
- Large Shipping Capacity: Offering a volume of up to 24,000 litres, flexitanks can ship up to 50% more cargo than those of bottled cargo consignments, 40% more than drums and 15% more than IBC’s.
- Faster Loading and Unloading Times: Using a flexitank does not require the use of a forklift to load and unload containers. Instead, a hose is fitted to the container to easily load and unload the container of its cargo.
- Sustainable Logistics: Flexitanks reduce the Carbon Footprint during the transportation process. For example, they can significantly reduce carbon emissions (for sea transport especially), they reduce waste as cargo can be shipped in one container rather than a multitude of barrels or IBC’s. And finally, Flexitanks are recyclable and some are even designed to be re-usable.
- No Storage Required: Unlike drums, ISO-tanks and IBC’s, flexitanks do not require additional storage when not in use. Additionally, a flexitank itself is a reliable storage container for bulk liquids.
- Less Labor is Required: Because flexitanks are easy to handle, load and unload, they require much less labor and thus, less costs.
- No Cleaning Costs: As flexitanks are either disposable or recyclable, there are no cleaning costs involved as there would be with ISO-tanks and drums.
Related Topic: Sustainable Logistics Using Flexitanks
What Liquids Can Be Transported in a Flexitank?
Flexitanks are suitable for carrying any type of liquid as long as it can be classified as non-hazardous. All the liquids that can be safely transported are as follows:
Food Grade Liquids
Related Topic: Reduce Your Shipping Costs with Flexitanks
The SIA Flexitank is easy to use and quick to connect hoses for loading and unloading, whilst making the maximum use of the container space.
At SIA, we offer customer training on the best practices in loading and unloading Flexitanks. With offices world wide, we pride ourselves on offering tailored customer service internationally.
View the video below for a flexitank installation demonstration:
Tensile Strength, Weft
Tensile Strength, Warp
Tear Strength, Weft
Tear Strength, Warp
Low Temperature Flexibility
High Temperature Flexibility
Dart Impact (ASTM D1709)
Melt Point Index
Elongation MD (ASTM D882)
Elongation MD (ASTM D882)
Work with SIA Flexitanks
SIA Flexitanks, the Global Company, delivering the world to you.